Cocoa is an independent city of more than 19,000 residents with a median age of 40. More than half of the population has some college level education and higher.
Community & Economic Development
- Land area of 14 square miles encompasses 8,610 dwelling units
- Wide-range of housing, commercial, industrial, and institutional development over the years
- Eastern Florida State College
- University of Central Florida's Cocoa Campus
- Florida Solar Energy Center
- Cocoa is a regional water supplier and operates a water utility system that covers the entire central part of Brevard County with approximately 80,000 connections including households.
- Distributes an average of 22.7 million gallons of water daily
The City is taking a progressive economic position in Brevard County, welcoming new business and industry into the community and promoting the development of new quality housing for its residents.