Fire Inspection & Prevention
To schedule an inspection please contact Fire Inspector Sam Schaller here- Request for Inspection
The schedule for fire inspection fees is established in accordance with the City of Cocoa Code of Ordinances Chapter 6. Buildings, Construction, and Property Regulations, Article I. Building and Construction, Division 2. Fire Protection and Prevention, Section 6-208 Fire Inspection Fees, Resolution 2019-019.
Fire Inspections Fees for all commercial tenant or building occupancies. Fee-based on the square footage of space or building.
*Fire Inspection Fee schedule for licensed Florida State-regulated facilities that require an annual fire inspection. Such as, but not limited to Child Care facility, Alcohol, and Drug treatment facility, Adult Family Care facility, Individuals with Developmental Disabilities facility.
*Initial inspection fee: $50
Re-inspection fees shall be in accordance with the Fire Inspection Fee Schedule for the appropriate size space or building.
Local Business Tax Receipt
New applications or applications indicating a change in occupancy use classification or business owner(s) will require a fire inspection before the Local Business Tax Receipt is issued.
Life Safety Occupancy Load Signs
- All buildings that are considered an assembly per NFPA 1 shall have a Life Safety Occupancy Load Sign posted at all times. Life Safety Occupancy Load Signs shall be issued jointly by the Building Official and Fire Chief.
- Business owners or their representatives are responsible for ensuring the Life Safety Occupancy Load Sign is posted and shall keep an accurate count of the number of persons in their building at all times.
- Finding-no sign posted-Fine $50
- Not in compliance with occupancy load requirement for either the building or section of the building - fine $100 plus be brought into immediate compliance with occupancy load requirement.
- Repeated violations - will charged a fine equal to twice the fine in 2.b., directly above, for each occurrence, plus must be brought into immediate compliance with the occupancy load requirement.