Requirements to Start Service

Completed Request for Service Application

Two Valid Forms of Identification:

  • Government-issued Photo ID
  • Anything that has your name embossed/printed on it (i.e. Social Security Card, Insurance Card, Passport, Voter Registration, Vehicle Registration) NO credit/debit cards will be accepted.

Proof of Ownership/Tenancy

Proof of Ownership:

  • If Established: Recorded Deed
  • If Newly Purchased: Signed ALTA Statement or Notarized Deed
  • Prior to Closing: Fully Executed Sales Contract (signed by both buyer and seller)

 A Valid Lease:

  • The lease must be signed with owner and tenant signatures clearly visible.
  • Notarization of the lease by the owner may be required on a case-by-case basis.
  • If the lease is signed by a Property Management Company only, a copy of the current property management agreement must be provided.
  • If the signing Property Manager is not individually named within the Agreement, a list of Authorized Agents must be provided by the Company on company letterhead.
  • If the lease is signed by a Power of Attorney, a copy of the Power of Attorney must be provided.

If No Valid Lease is Available:

  • Owner, Authorized Agent, or POA will complete, and have notarized, a Letter of Authorization Form provided by the City (photo ID and proof of ownership/agency/POA must be provided).

If Owner is Deceased:

  • Death Certificate must be provided.
  • Last Will and Testament or trust agreement naming beneficiary or executor.
  • Proof of Probate Filing (temporary water service may be provided pending Probate documentation).