Building & Permitting
The City of Cocoa Building Division is dedicated to providing reliable customer service for all of your permitting needs as well as ensuring safety for all of our residents through strict enforcement of the Florida Building code, State Statutes and City Ordinances.
(Click the button above to visit the Citizenserve online permitting portal.)
The City of Cocoa is now offering online permitting services. You can apply for a permit, download forms, upload all required documents, check the status of your permit, pay fees, view policies, view submittal requirements and schedule inspections through our new online portal, powered by Citizenserve.
You can now apply online for ALL permits in Citizenserve.
New permit fees go into effect on June 1, 2021 per Resolution 2021 - 040.
New permit fees are listed below.
Permit Application Processing Fee - $25
Plans examination fee - 50% of permit fee shall be collected upon application submittal
|Miscellaneous Permit Fee Schedule||Residential Occupancy Fee||Commercial / Industrial Fee|
|Aluminum Patio/Screen Enclosure||$75||$100|
|Fences or Masonry Wall||$75||$100|
|Hurricane Shutters (non-electric)||$75||$100|
|HVAC (replacement only)||$75||$100|
|Spa (electric fee only)||$75||$100|
|Swimming Pool (above ground)||$75||$100|
|Swimming Pool repair||$75||$100|
Construction Valuation Fees are calculated as follows:
Residential - First $1,000 = $75 AND $1,001+ = $75 plus $3.25 per $1,000
Commercial - First $1,000 + $100 AND $1,001+ = $100 plus $5.25 per $1,000
- Adding a Mechanical Subcontractor - $75
- Adding an Electrical Subcontractor - $75
- Adding a Plumbing Subcontractor - $75
- Flood Plain Review - $75
- Temporary C/O - $100 per request
- Extension of time - $30
- Plan Revisions - $75 per request
- Re-inspection fee (1st is free) - $75 per trip
- Same Day / Off Hours / Time Specific Inspections - $100 per hour & 2-hour minimum (based upon inspector availability)
- Re-issue Permit (change of contractor, subcontractor, owner) - $50
- Review and stamping additional set of plans - $10 per page
- Work without a permit - Up to 4 times the permit fee amount
- Failure to schedule final inspection - $100
- After hours inspections - $125 per hours & 2-hour minimum (based on inspector availability)
The city reserves the right to require that the applicant submit additional information to the extent the information is required to determine that the construction will be completed in accordance with all applicable law.
Telephone: 321.433.8501 or 321.433.8502
Office: 65 Stone Street, Cocoa, FL 32922
Office Hours: M-F - 8:00AM - 5:00PM (Payments accepted between 8:00AM and 3:00PM)
All permits applied for on or after December 31, 2020 will be required to meet the 2020 Florida Building Code and the 2017 National Electric Code.
FEMA Flood Zone Information
Updated flood zone information and map drawings are available from the following link. The maps are large and will take time to open.