Discover the many ways your city government seamlessly provides communication services to its many residents and visitors. By tapping into our comprehensive communications network, you will gain invaluable connections to your community. Stay informed and engaged with timely updates on important topics of interest, events, initiatives, and new policies, all delivered straight to where you prefer to receive information. Embrace the convenience, transparency, and empowerment that come with leveraging the innovative communications provided by our communications team, and embark on a journey of civic involvement. Together, let's build a stronger, more connected community.
- FYI Newsletter: Quarterly newsletter mailed to all City of Cocoa residents (January, April, July, October)
- Cocoa News Connection: Monthly informational ad in the weekly free Florida Today publication
- Annual report published for the Cocoa Utility Department
- Other reports/publications: Annual CRA reports, parks report, Economic Development brochure
- The City's website updated with information for each department and division
- Economic Development; website
- Utilities Department Information
- Print Ads/Marketing
- Press Releases & Media Relations
- Partner Outreach (Chambers of Commerce, Convention & Visitors Bureau, Florida Public Relations Association, Florida Municipal Communicators Association)
- A unique program for residents and business owners to learn more about how the city operates
- Board and Council meetings are open to the public to learn more and share input
- City Hall: Stop by City Hall to chat with a staff member
Proposals are now being accepted for 603 Brevard Ave. in Cocoa Village. The Cocoa Community Redevelopment Agency is looking for a mixed-use development project that can include any combination of hotel, residential, civic, office, retail, or commercial. Read on...
The City of Cocoa is currently seeking dedicated individuals to fill vacancies on the Board of Adjustment, Code Enforcement, and Planning & Zoning Boards. Read on...
Blake will serve a two-year term for the national association that serves as the voice of America's cities, towns, and villages, representing more than 200 million people across the country. Read on...
Deputy Mayor and Councilperson for District 2, Lavander Hearn was unanimously selected, for the third year in a row, by the other members of the City Council to serve as the Deputy Mayor for the upcoming year. Read on...
Dist 4 rep, Councilperson Koss, recently graduated from the Institute for Elected Municipal Officials II, a course from the FLC Institute for Elected Municipal Officials, an educational program designed specifically for FL’s elected municipal officials. Read on...
“Cease the Grease” this holiday season. Many households do more cooking for family gatherings and other events during the holidays. Cocoa Utilities is asking that we make an effort to avoid sending fats, oils and grease (FOG) down the drain. Read on...
The signs, which show natural resources in the City, were a collaborative initiative between the City of Cocoa, Brevard County Natural Resources, and Brevard County Tourism. Read on...
Cocoa PD to partner with Central Florida Cares Health System and Brevard Family Partnership/Brevard C.A.R.E.S. to implement a new mobile crisis co-responder program for increased access to mental health services. Read on...
The Florida League of Cities announced that Councilwoman Lorraine Koss was recently appointed to serve on the Florida League of Cities 2023-2024 Utilities, Natural Resources & Public Works Committee, one of the League’s five Legislative Policy Committees. Read on...
The trees were the final component of the $55,000 matching grant awarded in 2020. Read on...